Font Size



Travel Documents for Minors


We have made arrangements to issue separate passports  for children who are born abroad,   if the following requirement are fulfilled ;

·          Form ‘K’ ( Application for a new travel doc.-Form K IM 35)

·          4 colour photographs [3.5 x 4.5 cm] taken within 3 months – without white border ( should be  ‘direct face’ and both ears must be visible )

·          Original Birth Certificate of the child

·          If the child is born outside Sri Lanka, Citizenship Certificate issued under the Citizenship Act

(If the Citizenship Certificate has not yet been issued the original receipt of payment for Citizenship Certificate)

·          Parent’s passports & Resident permit

·          Original Marriage Certificate of parents. That certificate should be legalized by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka. If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka it should be countersigned by the relevant diplomatic representative of the country where the marriage was registered.

·          A letter signed by the parents giving consent to issue a separate passport to their child

Relevant fee




Rue Jules Lejeune 27
1050 Brussels